Walking into your business and finding that it has flooded is incredibly stressful and will undoubtedly put you into a state of panic. The best thing you can do...
When your home or business is flooded you think "How will I be able to pay for this?" Carson 24/7 Flood Rescue has you covered with 100% Direct Insurance Billing, working with ALL insurance providers...
Water damage can be extremely stressful and Carson 24/7 Flood Rescue is here to provide expert service 24 hours a day 7 days a week just call us anytime...
Fire sprinkler systems are one of the best ways to protect home and business against fires. A 6-head sprinkler system is capable of controlling about 90% of home fires, and systems reduce death and property loss by 65%. While fire sprinklers are generally very reliable, malfunctions can occur. If this happens, your home or business could be subject to severe damage if the water is not extracted and dried promptly. Don’t let a small malfunction turn into a catastrophe. Call 24/7 Flood Rescue Carson for prompt, trustworthy fire sprinkler water damage services.
Complications from Fire Sprinkler Water Damage
Quick response fire sprinklers put out 8 to 24 gallons of water per minute. To put this in perspective, this is about the equivalent of dumping on bath’s worth of water on your property each minute. Since the sprinkler water comes from overhead and is designed to spray onto all surfaces, the water will not just get on the flooring, but walls, ceilings, and furnishings as well.
Air drying fire sprinkler water is nearly impossible since such a large amount of water penetrates throughout the entire space. Even if the surfaces seem dry after a few days, there is likely still water lurking behind drywall and in your subflooring.
Fire sprinkler accidental activations can devastate electronics, files, furniture, and carpeting. But the real damage is done by mold growth which often ensues in the days or weeks following the water damage. Mold releases spores into the air which can be toxic. Mold can trigger problems like asthma, cause rashes, and can even be deadly.
Don’t let fire sprinkler water damage wait. Call for immediate assistance in saving your property.
Fire Sprinkler Water Damage Recovery Plan
When our 24/7 Flood Rescue Carson, CA technicians arrive on scene, the first thing they will do is assess the damage. They will determine how bad the water damage is, mold and contaminant risks, and what materials can be salvaged. We will then work with you to come up with a recovery plan. For example, some businesses might decide to save their carpet and dry it, whereas others would rather replace than suffer downtime during drying. Our technicians will explain the water damage remediation process to you so you can make the right decisions.
Here is a brief overview of what our fire sprinkler water damage plans include:
• Damage Assessment: Our technicians are experts and can immediately spot problematic areas of cleanup and come up with plans for removing all water before it leads to worse damage. Infrared cameras let us see hidden pockets of moisture.
• Water Extraction: Pumps and wet vacuums remove water, even droplets trapped in subflooring and carpet padding.
• Drying and Dehumidification: Air movers and injectidry systems cause remaining water to evaporate. The dehumidification system removes the water vapor from the air.
• Salvaging Property: Property like furniture and damaged electronics can often be saved by drying and dehumidification.
• Debris Removal: If necessary, any unsalvageable items will be removed and properly disposed of according to California regulations.
• Mold Remediation: If you waited to call us, then you may require mold remediation services such as biocide applications.
• Monitoring: When necessary, we will monitor the rate of drying and humidity to prevent mold growth.
• Direct Billing to Insurance: To make your life easier, we bill directly to the insurance company.
How You Can Prevent Fire Sprinkler Water Damage
After one accidental fire sprinkler activation, you might think it isn’t worth it to have sprinklers at all. However, the damage from a fire is much worse than damage from water — especially if the water damage is treated early on. The longer you wait to extract the fire sprinkler water, the more likely complications like mold growth are to occur.
To make sure your fire sprinkler system doesn’t accidentally activate again, you will need to make sure your system is being properly maintained. Have a professional come out regularly to visually inspect the parts and check the alarm mechanism and flow.
Remember that fire sprinklers are connected to your plumbing, so it is also important that your plumbing system remain in good condition if you want to prevent accidental activation. Pipes shouldn’t be allowed to freeze, and all rust should be immediately noted to the fire sprinkler manufacturing company.
You should never try to install a fire sprinkler system yourself as faulty installation is a major cause of accidental activation. If you are worried that accidental activation will damage expensive electronics or equipment, consider switching to a dry fire sprinkler system.
24/7 Flood Rescue Carson, CA is standing by to help you through all your water damage emergencies. Don’t let water damage wait. Call us for immediate assistance.