Handling house fire is serious business. Around 7.6 billion dollars is lost in fire due to property damage in U.S. Smoke is the primary cause in fire related deaths followed by heating equipment. Getting back on your feet after fire crackdown needs moral and social support. For you to get back to your property, Carson Fire Damage will provide you with fire damage clean up and renovation support.
How Damaging is Fire?
The temperature of a house fire is 1100 degree Fahrenheit. This means anything it touches will turn to ashes. Plastic, wood and paper, clothes and upholstery will most likely be damaged with no chance of repair. They will either get completely burned or melted as in case of plastic.
However, many household items are made fire resistant. So they will get damaged, but not entirely and can be salvaged. For example, jewelry, silver ware, cooking ware, barbeque grill, some electronic appliances, stonework and items, and of course anything kept in a fire safe can be reused once the fire has been extinguished.
The Do-nots in Fire Damage Restoration
We recommend you call a professional fire damage restoration company immediately. While they are still on their way, follow these tips to ensure your safety and of what’s left in your house.
● Do not use water to wash anything in the house. It will worsen the damage.
● Do not attempt to clean any electronics in your house be it your TV or laptop that has been damaged by fire or water. You could get an electric shock.
● Don’t eat food from the kitchen that looks safe because it will be toxic. The chemical composition of canned food and beverages change with exposure to high heat.
● Do not wash clothes and any fabric at home. Send it off to cleaners. They will have their experts in smoke washing take care of your garments.
The dos in fire damage restoration
● Wear gloves and respirator before you enter the house
● Open all the windows
● Use a dry cloth to clean the legs of the furniture and cover it with aluminum foil or cling wrap
● Wash the dirt off of plants
● Change the filter in your furnace
● Shut access to the area where fire damage is worst
● Keep a record of everything that happened after the fire
● Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
● Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
● Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas
● If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and keep doors open
● Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
● Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
● Change HVAC filter
● Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Fire Damage Experts at Carson Fire Damage Restoration
Our workforce is dedicated to the fire damage restoration profession. We employ safe practice techniques to clean and repair fire damage in your house. Our workforce includes
● Fire damage inspection specialists
● Action plan expert
● Emergency cleaning expert
● Fire and water damage technicians
● Smoke and Odor handling experts
● Structural cleaners
● Sanitization experts
How We Handle Fire Damage at Carson’s
We follow fire damage restoration ethics wholly to provide you with standardized services. Our services include:
● Fire residue clean up
● Dehumidification and dehydration
● Smoke and soot removal
● Roof, windows and doors damage repair
● Cleaning of carpets, curtains, wall hangings, and furniture fabric
Emergency services at Carson Fire Damage are available 24/7 all-round the year. We provide the option for you to bill us through insurance. Our professionals use smart plans to restore fire damage supported by modern equipment for 100% results. For fire damage consultation, call now at (424) 287-4555.